Show infoMondays – Fridays, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM RJ: Aneeta
Show DescriptionIt’s only afternoon and you’re feeling drained already? Here’s what you need to do, grab a quick lunch and pair it up with your daily dose of Girl Talk with Aneeta. Tune in to Girl Talk on weekdays from 1pm to 3pm and revitalize your afternoons.
For more updates you can find Aneeta On Facebook
Previously on Girl Talk:
The Daily Pick
4th Nov 2013– Successful Crowd funded projects.
1. Amanda Palmer’s $1 Million deal - This is the highest funded Kickstarter music project ever breaking the million dollar mark for her record, art book and tour with the Grand Theft Orchestra.
2. +Pool - This project in New York started with the goal of cleaning the entire river, starting with one small piece at a time. It expanded with the introduction of technology designed to filter the water the pool would float on allowing people to swim in clean river water for the first time in 100 years.
This project raised $273,114 3. NourishMat - A project to introduce people to healthy living and encouraging people to grow their own vegetables and flowers. NourishMat kit includes 19 plant varieties including spinach, carrots, parley, mint and other useful herbs. This project exceeded its initial goal and raised around $107,534
The Best of Daily Picks
28th October 2013 to 1st November 2013
1. Peter Roget suffered from severe OCD. The only thing that would calm him down was making random lists. He started a project where he listed down synonymous words.
This project turned into one of the most useful book. The Thesaurus. He was 73 years old.
2. The Hide&Seek exhibit is an interactive building and gaming structure created by the gaming design company Hide&Seek. It can sense its users presence inside and displays various messages on its screen.
3. Queenie Liao is a free lance artist and a mother who combines artistry and imagination with photography and creates beautiful images with her son Wenenn as the main subject. Her album is called Wengen in Wonderland.
4. 21 Balançoires-An interactive installation where people sit on installed swings that both lit up and play a tune. The participants/public are asked to try it out and work together to create a beautiful composition.
22nd October – 25th October
1. Acoma Pueblo in New Mexico is a Native American pueblo. Three villages make up Acoma Pueblo Sky City, Acomia and McCartys. The Acoma tribal traditions estimate they have lived in the village for more than two thousand years.
2. Carrie Movie Prank
3. Real Beauty Sketches by Dove - The video went viral and has become the most watched video of all time. It tells us how we view ourselves compared to how other see us.
4. Foodscape - Carlwarner has been developing his foodscapes for the past 10 years. His landscapes are not only detailed but stunning as well. There is Great Wall of Pineapple, Onion Taj Mahal, Salami Tuscany and many more.
7th October to 10th October
1.Wendy Taso made her first toy based on a drawing for her 4 year old son Dani who had to take a toy from home to his school. Wendy didn’t want to give his favorite toy and decided to make him a new toy using a drawing he made. Wendy now has her own business called Child’s Own Studio where she transforms adorable doodles into plush and cloth dolls.
2. A collection of photographs taken by Angelo Merendino who lost his wife Jennifer to breast cancer. He took the photographs for himself, his wife and their respective families but later on decided to make it public land said. “ “They chose to face it head on and put the information out there if people want it.”
A website was created called ‘The Battle We Didn’t Choose: My Wife’s Fight With Breast Cancer’ where they shared the photographs and their story.
3.Nathan Sawaya, The brick man uses lego blocks for his art collections. He is a New York based artist whose love for bricks is evident in his art pieces which are awe inspiring and quite remarkable.
4. 23 year old Taylor Morris almost died after stepping on an IED, he survived the explosion but lost both his legs, his left arm and right hand as well. His soul mate and high school sweetheart was by his side every step of his way to recovery. They are now living together as husband and wife. For a complete read and pictures, click HERE.
30th September to 4th October 2013
1. Propeller Island City Lodge, Berlin.
Described by many as a living art installation, this hotel has more than 30 rooms each with a different theme. There’s a room that’s laid out like a prison cell, one has coffins as beds and a room with cages too.
2. The Deadly Lake
A lake in Tanzania turns animals into stone. The eerie Lake Natron is extremely alkaline. Due to high amounts of the chemical natron in the water, the water’s pH level has been measured as high as 10.5 that forever calcify any ill-fated animal who dive into it. The calcified carcasses were discovered by Nick Brandt who then positioned them for his photographs. (View his photographs HERE)
3. Volcanic Lightening
No one knows for sure why this happens but the theory is that when a volcano erupts, it projects positively charged debris into the atmosphere which then react with the negative charges already present. The result is a bolt of lightning.
4. Tehniat - Winner of the 2011 Best food blog. The crazy chef is the website to go to for all things delicious.